Saturday, March 20

Remember

Remember that day we first meet. 7 years ago, Boy if only we knew what the next few years would hold. Maybe, just maybe. No! I never regret meeting you. Life would be just, not life anymore. Do you remember how our old schools playground was turned into a football field just for us. Do you remember how we completely ignored each other? We were so focused on what the hell Naima was saying? She always wanted to be center of attention, commanding all eyes to be on her. The way she jumped up, when Miss asked who wanted to captain, was so typical of her. Do you remember how she barked at us random orders, like fetch the ball. But I refused so Marvianna had to go instead. Woah it's been long since I said her name, much changed since that day. complete 360 some would say. Oh well, maybe another post for that. Do you remember how we were assigned our roles, I was defender, you were keeper. Do you remember how we still didn't see each other? Till that moment. Do you remember how I was joking about with Priscilla calling her "bolle". Do you remember how you laughed so loud, that I turned around. It was then that we first notice each other. I smiled at you and you blushed for laughing so loud and smiled back. I carried on with Priscilla, and you carried on laughing. But that wasn't the day we became friends, you remember? It was that day we went to The Roef for outside school practice for our tournament. Do you remember how it was closed? so we stayed inside. Do you remember how some girls took Naima's hat off and they played piggy in the middle. Do you remember how we joined, and that the hat flew to me. Do you remember how Naima ran towards me and I smacked my back into the wall hitting a nail and I fell down, tears rolled down my eyes? I still remember how painful it was. silly .. ............................................................................................................ ... . .. I remember how you made me smile, how you made me forget all the pain. How you made me laugh. How you were the only one who cheered me up at that time. I remember how you didn't care what people would think of you, or how weird you looked. I remember how you said "Hey, Look!" And rolled around the floor like how a fish does when it gets out of the water. I remember how you made this weird sounds and we both laughed like maniacs. As if it was just us in the room. YOU. .......................................................................... ........................................ The rest is history