Wednesday, February 3

Tick tock

The phrase:"If only I could turn back time" speaks volumes to many people...the thought of undoing something you regret sounds like music to my ears. Imagine life was that easy, no regrets, no worries, just with a blink of an eye and I undid my past and changed my future. Just close your eyes and think back to all those moments that you wished you'd done differently. Life would be bliss right? but then how are we meant to learn and progress if we didn't have any regrets. It makes you wonder would you still be the person you are today? Taking that into account, I am glad we didn't have a delete button or the fact that I couldn't grab all the words I didn't mean and shove it back it into my mouth. I mean there was a reason I said that, fair enough it could been said in a different way, but then it wouldn't be me saying it. I admit once something comes out of your mouth, that's it, it just there, suffocating you as the words tightly grasp your neck and you're left speechless. But then looking back at it a sense of relieve overwhelms me because it's finally off my chest. I learned from those experiences and became the person I am today. So I guess I don't regret some moments, it's just how those moments turned out were rather disappointing. Because people do surprise you, one moment everything is fine, the next it is a total disaster and because you were so unprepared, it just hits you like a ton of bricks, crushing you because you were so defenceless. And that's why I have a barrier around my heart, and every time pieces of my heart fall down like leaves off a tree, this barrier becomes thicker and thicker