Wednesday, February 3

Silhouette

I stand there looking at a silhouette, I've seen far too many times its left footprints on my skull. It is of course you bitterly smiling at something, that just sits there looking so frail and weak. Just the mere thought of the unimaginable torment this person is going through has brought me to tears. And that's when you turn and ask me to come closer, as I walk towards you. I realize the person your smiling at is, me...
.
The loud thumbing of my heart broke the silence, my breath desperately searching for air. My eyes trying so hard to adjust to the dark, and that's when I find myself drowning in my own sweat fighting back the tears. ahh...another nightmare! The nightmares are just a sweet reminder of what you did to me. You see years have past yet the pain hasn't completely healed. The worst thing is am I desperately holding on to any memory of you regardless of whether it's good or bad. Because once I forget you then what? Am I really going to just like that, go on with my life. What if the path I follow then, isn't the one I want to be on at all? All I want is to live life like I used to, free of worries and what if's, to not second guess everything. But what you did was the ultimate betrayal, should I thank you for showing me what people are really capable off. Or should I despise you for not letting me trust any one any more, always expecting the worst. You see there's one thing that I can't get my head round, no matter what you did.
.
.
I still love you!